Wow post 200 already!....
Yesterday I finally got around to trying something I've wanted to do for a while and even more after watching a video from Alex Koloskov a few months ago about how he captures his fantastic shots of liquid. I lack a few bits to the puzzle:
- A flash/speed light
- Studio/Indoor Space to take the shots
- Stands to hold backdrop/object (in this case fruit)
- Correct throwing of water technique
- Probably some others...
My setup consisted of:
- Fishing Line
- White Cardboard
- Two clamps (very handy things these)
- 1 Pin (for the Mandarin shots)
- Shutter Release Cable
- Sunlight as my light source
- Camera on continuous shooting mode
In fact you can see the setup below this image
Here are the results, all shots have been adjusted in Adobe Camera Raw.
A white background version, I've increase the exposure to get the white background more white.
The setup for the next shots of a freshly picked strawberry, new location due to light source moving, using broom as an anchor point for rope rig that supports the fishing line and fruit.
I might rework some of these images to get the background white instead of the off white they are now.